- An NFL source tells Vincent Bonsignore that the trade deadline could be more active than usual next week, saying: “Some bad teams and decent cap room league wide“.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com takes a look at some players the Eagles could make available for trade ahead of this year’s deadline.
- Shorr-Parks’ list includes LB Mychal Kendricks, OL Stefan Wisniewski, WR Nelson Agholor, DE Connor Barwin and RB Ryan Mathews.
Comedian Tom Arnold told ESPN’s Paul Finebaum on Friday during an interview that Alabama HC Nick Saban expressed interest in the Giants head-coach job back in January.
According to Arnold, Saban called the Giants out of nowhere and right as they were about to finalize a contract with Ben McAdoo.
“They got his deal done with [Ben McAdoo] and they are ready to sign him, and they get a call from Bob Ehrman [an intermediary] who says Nick Saban wants the job,” Arnold said, via the New York Post. “So they had to stop. This is a Saturday night. They said, ‘You have until Sunday morning at 8 a.m. to say a definite yes. Tell us what he needs for money.’ ‘Well, he needs $10 million to start with and this is the deal. He has to get it approved by his wife right.’ Well, he has to get it approved by his wife right this second because we have a coach on the string here. But if he wants to do it, it has to be right this second. So he had until Sunday morning at 8 a.m. and it didn’t work out. But it was close.”
- With the team dealing with multiple injuries on the offensive line, offensive tackle Breno Giacomini could be activated off the PUP list prior to Sunday’s game against the Browns. (Colin Stephenson)
- C Nick Mangold, who is listed as doubtful with an ankle injury, would be replaced by Wesley Johnson, a third-year player from Vanderbilt. (Colin Stephenson)
- The Saints announced that CB Delvin Breaux, CB Sterling Moore, LB Stephone Anthony and WR Jake Lampman are out for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.