ESPN’s Greg Garber has been offering some trades he’d like to see made ahead of this year’s trade deadline. Here’s a collection of his proposed trades thus far:
- Lions trade WR Calvin Johnson to the Patriots for a second-round pick. (Garber)
- Texans trade DE J.J. Watt to the Packers for first-round picks in 2016 and 2017 and a provisional 2018 pick. (Garber)
- Saints trade QB Drew Brees to the Jets for a third-round pick. (Garber)
- Browns trade OT Joe Thomas to the Giants for DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a fifth-round pick. (Garber)
- Bears trade QB Jay Cutler to the Redskins for QB Kirk Cousins and a third-round pick. (Garber)
While many have suggested that the Saints should consider moving on from QB Drew Brees for cap purposes, Mike Triplett of ESPN believes New Orleans would be foolish to let him go until they have a solid replacement in place.
As of now, Triplett doesn’t believe they have a quality option in place that would allow them to move on from the best player in team history.
According to Triplett, the Saints could consider signing Brees to an extension next year, as Brees will be in the final year of his deal, and it would create some cap space while keeping him under team control through at least 2017.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn ruled out S William Moore (groin) and WR Leonard Hankerson (hamstring) for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. (Vaughn McClure)
- WR Nick Williams (hamstring) will be game time decision. (Vaughn McClure)
- Terry McCormick mentions that Titans QB Marcus Mariota (knee) is likely to return for Week 9’s game against the Saints.
- Titans have ruled out CB Perrish Cox and WR Harry Douglas for Week 7.