- According to La Canfora, some GMs around the NFL are hopeful the Cardinals may trade veteran WR Larry Fitzgerald to a contender.
- There are reportedly “several” teams in the trade market for offensive line help right now including the Eagles, per La Canfora.
- Jason La Canfora tosses out LT Cordy Glenn and WR Anquan Boldin as some potential trade candidates for the Bills.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that no deal involving the Bengals is considered imminent, even involving offensive line help.
49ers GM John Lynch released the following statement regarding their trade for QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
“We are thrilled for Jimmy to join the 49ers family. Jimmy is a player we have researched extensively since Kyle and I joined the 49ers. I am extremely pleased this came together today and we all think it is a big win for our organization. Albeit in limited game action, Jimmy has displayed the characteristics and traits that we believe are vital to being a successful quarterback in this league. He has had the rare opportunity to sit and learn from a future Hall of Fame quarterback in a championship atmosphere. We look forward to Jimmy joining the team tomorrow and hitting the ground running.”
- According to Adam Schefter, new 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo is not expected to start on Sunday against the Cardinals. Instead, San Francisco is expected to go with rookie C.J. Beathard as their starter.
- Ian Rapoport reports that will try to extend Garoppolo’s contract, but an extension was not part of the trade to San Francisco. As of now, Rapoport says that nothing is close or imminent between the 49ers and Garoppolo.
- Jason La Canfora tosses out RB Carlos Hyde and S/LB Eric Reid as some potential trade candidates for the 49ers.
- Jason La Canfora would be “shocked” if the Patriots actually keep the 2018 second-round pick they got from the 49ers in the trade for QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
- According to La Canfora, the Patriots are in the market for run stuffers and more.
- La Canfora says that New England is “far from done” before today’s trade deadline.
- Adam Schefter mentioned on Sirius XM NFL Radio that the Patriots want Brian Hoyer as their backup quarterback but he received calls from two other teams last night. (Ross Tucker)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Patriots WR Chris Hogan does not need surgery for his shoulder injury and he will instead require just rest and rehab. Even so, Hogan is still out a few weeks and will be reevaluated after their bye.