- Mike Lombardi of The Ringer mentions that the 49ers are another team willing to make some moves ahead of the trade deadline and mentions LT Joe Staley a potential option for the Eagles.
- Lombardi believes the Eagles will definitely be in the market for a left tackle before the deadline.
- Former Eagles executive Joe Banner says Philadelphia is a team to keep an eye on for Colts RB Frank Gore.
- In regards to retired Lions WR Calvin Johnson, Lombardi doesn’t think it would make any sense for a team to trade for him, considering the time he’s missed and where we are in the season.
- Lombardi could see the Patriots attempt to make a trade, but he admits it’s becoming much more difficult for them right now, considering the asking prices around the league.
- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters that rookie DE Myles Garrett is still in concussion protocol, but he thinks he’s closer to the end of the process. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson said of Tuesday’s trade deadline: “Always looking to upgrade roster. I’m sure we’re working hard on that now.” (Nate Ulrich)
Colts HC Chuck Pagano announced Monday that Andrew Luck once again will not practice this week.
Pagano explained that “nothing’s changed” regarding Luck’s return from shoulder surgery, but they plan to “exhaust all resources” while adding that it’s in “the best interest (of) the player and his long-term” outlook.
“We want the kid healthy,” Pagano said, via Colts.com. “And nobody is more frustrated than him.”
Colts GM Chris Ballard was asked whether they could make any moves before tomorrow’s deadline:
“Look, every year there’s rumors, and that’s what it ends up being most of the time, is just pure rumors. You know, we’re not going to say ‘No’ to about anything, and we’ll listen, but that doesn’t mean we’ll make a move. We’ll see here in the next couple of days, you know — tomorrow’s the deadline at 4 p.m.; we’ll see how it plays out for us. But somebody would really have to do something to pry one of our players away right now.”
- Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star spoke to an NFL source this weekend who expressed doubt about the Colts would complete any trades before Tuesday’s deadline.
- Even so, Holder says that there has been some buzz about the possibility of the Colts trading CB Vontae Davis.
- Holder adds that at least two teams have discussed the possibility of trading for Colts RB Frank Gore. (NFLTR)
- According to Mike Lombardi of The Ringer, the Colts are willing to trade anyone other than Andrew Luck or the players they signed or draft this past offseason.
- Lombardi adds that the Colts are going to give anyone away but they’re open to moving several players including WR T.Y. Hilton and DE Harry Anderson.
- According to Benjamin Allbright, at least four teams have called the Colts since reports surfaced that WR T.Y. Hilton could be available for trade. However, a source tells Allbright that the Colts’ asking price is “too high.“
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters on Monday that the “symptoms are zero” with QB Joe Flacco in regards to his concussion and added: “I think there’s a good chance he’ll play.”
- According to Harbaugh, RB Danny Woodhead (injured reserve, hamstring) could practice “to some degree” this week. (Jamison Hensley)