Joel Corry of CBS Sports offers up 10 hypothetical trades he would like to see go down ahead of next week’s deadline.
- Browns trade LT Joe Thomas to the Seahawks for a 2017 second-round pick and a conditional 2018 fourth-round pick.
- Jets trade DE Sheldon Richardson to the Colts for a 2017 first-round pick.
- Browns trade CB Joe Haden to the Panthers for a 2017 second-round pick.
- 49ers trade LT Joe Staley to the Vikings for a 2017 second-round pick and a 2018 fifth-round pick.
- Bears trade WR Alshon Jeffery to the Bills for a 2017 third-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick.
- 49ers trade WR Torrey Smith to the Eagles for LB Mychal Kendricks.
- Cowboys trade RB Darren McFadden to the Lions for a 2017 conditional sixth-round pick.
- Bengals trade CB Darqueze Dennard to the Packers for a 2017 sixth-round pick.
- Dolphins trade DE Mario Williams to the Cowboys for a 2017 sixth-round pick.
- Bills trade OT Seantrel Henderson to the Texans for a 2017 seventh-round pick.
- According to Adam Schefter, the Bears are expected to move on from QB Jay Cutler next year whether it’s by releasing him outright or trading him to a new team.
- Either way, the Bears will free up $13 million in available cap space by parting ways with Cutler.
- Chris Mortensen reports that talk of the Lions replacing HC Jim Caldwell has subsided now that the team has won three straight games.
- According to Mortensen, even if something should happen this year that costs Caldwell his job, the Lions are likely to keep OC Jim Bob Cooter in place as their offensive coordinator, considering the positive impact he’s had on QB Matthew Stafford.
- Interestingly enough, Mortensen says that most league executives believe Lions GM Bob Quinn would probably considering hiring Patriots DC Matt Patricia over OC Josh McDaniels if he ends up looking for a new head coach.
- Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Steelers WR Eli Rogers did not play in the team’s Week 7 game because he was disciplined by HC Mike Tomlin.