Adam Schefter of ESPN offers some trade ideas that he believes would make sense before next week’s trade deadline.
The trades suggested by Schefter include:
- Steelers trade WR Martavis Bryant to the Bears for a fifth-round pick.
- Vikings trade QB Teddy Bridgewater to the Cardinals for a conditional mid-round pick.
- Bills trade DT Marcell Dareus to the Cowboys for a fifth-round pick.
- Dolphins trade WR Jarvis Landry to the Jaguars for a second-round pick.
- Texans trade LT Duane Brown to the Seahawks for a second-round pick.
- Cardinals trade WR John Brown to the Bills for a fifth-round pick.
- Jets trade RB Matt Forte to the Ravens for a fifth-round pick.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cardinals QB Carson Palmer is slated to undergo surgery on Wednesday to repair his broken arm. Rapoport says that Palmer is hoping that he’ll be able to return in less than eight weeks.
- Mike Jurecki points out that Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters on Monday that Palmer thinks he could return in 4-6 weeks.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports mentions that Eagles DC Jim Schwartz could end up being the hottest head coaching candidate in 2018.
- La Canfora points out that Schwartz has done a great job with the Bills and Eagles’ defensive units the past few years and he could end up having “his pick of jobs” next year.
- Lions WR Golden Tate surprising returned to practice on Wednesday, despite some talk that he was expected to miss Week 8’s game against the Steelers with a shoulder injury.
- Detroit promoted WR Jace Billingsley to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- The Lions brought in free agent WR Jake Kumerow for a tryout on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)