Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus offers five trades he would like to see completed ahead of today’s deadline. Monson’s list consists of:
- Browns trading LT Joe Thomas to the Seahawks.
- Bears trading WR Alshon Jeffery to the Eagles.
- 49ers trading WR Torrey Smith to the Bills.
- Saints trading LB Stephone Anthony to the 49ers.
- Jets trading DL Sheldon Richardson to the Raiders.
- During an interview with 105.3 The Fan, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that QB Tony Romo has no issue to do what’s best for the team. (Charean Williams)
- Jones later added that they’re still unsure of when Romo will be able to return, but they expect him back “some point near the end of the year.” (Jon Machota)
- In regards to a potential trade, Jones said that he doesn’t expect Cowboys to make any moves at the trade deadline. (Jon Machota)
- According to Jones, both Morris Claiborne and Barry Church are both likely out a month to 6 weeks. (Jon Machota)
- Jones said of getting some players back this year: “I don’t want to dismiss Jaylon Smith. I don’t want to dismiss Rolando McClain.” (Jon Machota)
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins appeared to be in a position to be sellers at the trade deadline just a few weeks ago, but they’ve managed to secure wins over the Steelers and Bills and now look like some things are coming together for them.
- Salguero mentions that the Dolphins could have made DE Mario Williams, CB Byron Maxwell, DE Andre Branch and possibly even DE Cameron Wake available for trade had they not turned things around in recent weeks.
- However, Salguero now believes Miami could be buyers at the deadline with cornerback being an area of need for them. One name circulating in trade rumors has been Browns CB Joe Haden, whom Salguero believes would give them a legitimate starter at cornerback.
- According to Salguero, the Dolphins are open to any possibility today but he isn’t sure Miami has the resources to pull off a trade for Haden.
- Other areas of need for the Dolphins include safety, running back, linebacker and possibly defensive tackle.
Yesterday, Giants GM Jerry Reese told reporters that they’ve had some conversations with teams about potential trades, but he also indicated that he doesn’t expect to be very active today.
“We’ve had some conversations, but there’s always some chatter this time of the year,” Reese said Monday. “A lot of talk, and not much action usually at the trade deadline.”
- Despite a report that the Giants have checked in on Browns LT Joe Thomas, James Kratch of NJ.com does not expect the Giants to pull off a trade for him before the deadline.
- Kratch wonders if the Giants could consider adding a tight end, given that the position has been a weak spot for them.
- One trade Kratch believes Reese and the Giants should consider is going after Jets DL Sheldon Richardson.