Joel Corry of CBS Sports offers up five draft trades he would like to see go down during the upcoming draft. The trades suggested by Corry include:
- Redskins trade QB Kirk Cousins to the 49ers for a 2018 first-round pick and the No. 33 overall pick.
- Seahawks trade CB Richard Sherman to the Raiders for their No. 56 overall pick, a 2018 fifth-round pick and CB David Amerson.
- Bengals trade backup QB A.J. McCarron to the Browns for their No. 52 overall pick and they swap 2017 third-round picks.
- Patriots trade RFA Malcolm Butler to the Saints for their No. 42 overall pick and a conditional 2018 fourth-round pick which can become a third-round pick if Butler makes the Pro Bowl and a second-round pick if he’s a first-team All-Pro selection.
- Jets trade DL Sheldon Richardson to the Broncos for their No. 82 overall pick.
Corry has a great breakdown for each of these proposed deals regarding why they make sense along with some obstacles that could prevent them from happening. The article worth your time.
- Temple LB Haason Reddick visited with the Titans on Monday. (Matt Miller)
- N.C. State S Josh Jones met with the Rams and the Colts and Cardinals have both called his High school to do background work on him. (Dave Birkett)
- Purdue WR DeAngelo Yancey is visiting with the Titans on Monday. (Mike Garafolo)
- UConn S Obi Melifonwu took a pre-draft visit and met with the Saints on Monday. (Charlie Campbell)
- Tulane offensive lineman Chris Taylor will be working out at the Saints’ local prospect day on April 14. (Aaron Wilson)
- While a report from earlier in the day mentioned that LSU RB Leonard Fournette could be a consideration for the Browns at No. 1 overall, Mary Kay Cabot gets the sense that he isn’t among the prospects they’re targeting with the top pick.
- Instead, she believes Cleveland is “pretty well set on” Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, but they’re still mulling over the idea of taking UNC QB Mitch Trubisky.
- Barry Jackson reports that Dolphins HC Adam Gase met with Miami QB Brad Kaaya last week.
- However, he says it would be surprising if the Dolphins took a quarterback before the later rounds of the draft.
- The Dolphins hosted FSU WR Travis Rudolph for a pre-draft visit last week.