Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Trades, Giants, Patriots, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Trades, Giants, Patriots, & Redskins
- Mike Reiss writes that the Patriots appear to be set to “phase out 3-technique tackles on their roster while focusing more on bigger, stouter tackles.”
- This helps to explain why they parted ways with Chris Jones and Dominique Easley last week.
- Reiss mentions that the Patriots could consider drafting a a developmental offensive tackle like Auburn’s Shon Coleman this year.
- According to Rich Tandler, it’s seem inevitable that the Redskins will eventually release WR Andre Roberts and possibly Adam Hayward at some point. Doing so would create around $3 million in cap space.
- One other notable roster cut, according to Tandler, could be LB Perry Riley, who would free up $4 million in cap room if released. However, Tandler says that Washington is learning toward keeping him to maintain depth at the position.
Tags Adam Hayward Andre Roberts Chris Jones Colin Kaepernick Dominique Easley Joe Thomas Josh McCown Mike Glennon Muhammad Wilkerson Nick Foles Perry Riley Shon Coleman Tyrod Taylor Vernon Hargreaves