Home Vikings NFL Notes: Tramaine Brock, Cowboys, Packers, Panthers
- Ian Rapoport reports that the NFL concluded its investigation into Vikings CB Tramaine Brock and informed Brock there is “insufficient evidence to support a finding” that he violated the personal conduct policy.
- This officially closes their investigation into the claims made against Brock and no further action will be taken.
- Cowboys WRs coach Derek Dooley has been hired by the University of Missouri as their offensive coordinator/QBs coach. (Mizzou Football)
- Tom Silverstein points out that Bears DC Vic Fangio isn’t a free agent until next Tuesday at 12:01 a.m.
- As of now, teams like the Packers must ask for permission from the
Bears in order to interview for a lateral position, which Fangio would be making if he came to Green Bay.
- Silverstein expects the Packers to likely wait until Tuesday to interview Fangio.
- Mike Florio points out that while the Vikings decline to allow assistant GM George Paton to interview for the Packers’ GM job, it’s possible Green Bay could wait until Minnesota’s season is over at which point they would no longer be able to block Paton from interviewing for GM positions.
- Alex Marvez of the Sporting News reports that the Packers are hiring Colts WRs coach Jim Hostler for the same position on their coaching staff.
- According to Jason Wilde, while multiple reports have pegged Russ Ball as the favorite for the Packers’ GM position, a league source told him that Ball “isn’t the slam-dunk some people seem to think he is.”
- Alex Marvez reports that if Vikings OC Pat Shurmur ends up being hired as a head coach, Panthers QBs coach Ken Dorsey will likely be targeted to join his staff.