Colts free agent OLB Trent Cole mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he has “unfinished business” to attend to including a Super Bowl title and reaching 100 career sacks.
“My body isn’t telling me to quit yet,” Cole said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “I have unfinished business…Winning the Super Bowl and getting to 100 sacks.”
While Cole would like to continue his career, he made it clear that he has no intention of playing for the veteran minimum.
“The game is hard on the body and I have a price in my head that I will not play for, I will retire,” Cole said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “That’s the bottom line.”
Cole later tweeted that retirement isn’t an option for him:
No retirement happening here to make things clear.
— Trent Cole (@Pro_Hunt58) February 24, 2017
- Jimmy Kempski writes that while tight end is a lesser need for the Eagles, they could still consider drafting one to go along with Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, and Trey Burton.
- With this in mind, Kempski takes a look at five draft prospects that could make sense for the Eagles including Alabama’s O.J. Howard, Ashland’s Adam Shaheen, Michigan’s Jake Butt, Toledo’s Michael Roberts, and Shepherd’s Billy Brown.
- Mike Kaye of First Coast News writes that the Jaguars’ interest in free agent linebackers will likely come down to what the do with Dan Skuta and Paul Posluszny, as both players are potential release candidates.
- Some potential free agent SAM linebackers worth considering for the Jaguars, according to Kaye, include Andrew Gachkar (Cowboys), Courtney Upshaw (Falcons) and Zach Brown (Bills) with Keenan Robinson (Giants), Mark Herzlich (Giants) and Kevin Minter (Cardinals) being possible middle linebacker options.
- Connor Hughes of NJ.com takes a look at some potential replacement options for LT Ryan Clady and RT Breno Giacomini.
- Hughes lists Andrew Whitworth (Bengals), Matt Kalil (Vikings), Russell Okung (Broncos), and Kelvin Beachum (Jaguars) as potential left tackle options.
- As for right tackle, Hughes mentions Marshall Newhouse (Giants), Andre Smith (Vikings), Gosder Cherlius (Buccaneers), Byron Bell (Titans), Riley Reiff (Lions) and Eric Winston (Bengals).