- Jason La Canfora reports that the Rams decision to trade CB E.J. Gaines on Friday makes it even less likely that they would deal franchise CB Trumaine Johnson.
- However, La Canfora says there have been a few teams including the Steelers “sniffing around” about Johnson.
“I was not actively shopping Watkins and Darby,” Beane said. “Timing with both teams became serious so we did the deals at the same time.”
Beane said that these moves aren’t an indication of them throwing in the towel on the 2017 season.
“This is not a throw in the towel thing at all. … You don’t know me if you think I’m throwing in the towel,” Beane said.
- The Ravens announced Friday that QB Joe Flacco‘s is making good progress in regards to his back injury and he will return to practice during the preseason, but won’t appear in any preseason games.
- Jeff Zrebeic mentions that he Ravens’ options to fill the void left by Alex Lewis‘ season-ending injury including signing a center such as Jeremy Zuttah or Nick Mangold and moving Ryan Jensen to guard.
- Zrebeic adds that the Ranves could also shift James Hurst inside to guard.
- Other options for Baltimore to consider include leaning on Matt Skura and fifth-round pick Jermaine Eluemunor as starters, but Zrebiec believes they still need veteran insurance either way.