- Air Force DL Samuel Byers has been invited to attend the Falcons rookie camp. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Air Force LB Jacob Onyechi is attending the Packers rookie camp on a tryout basis. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- American International DE Omari Manhertz has been invited to the Panthers rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jason Cole of B/R spoke with two NFL executives who found it surprising that Bengals owner Mike Brown decided to take an Op-Ed in the Cincinnati Enquirer explaining the team’s decision to draft RB Joe Mixon in round two.
- Cole’s sources believe it’s a clear sign that Brown and the Bengals are taking “more heat than ever” about the decision to bring in Mixon.
- According to Cole, all of this could put more pressure on the team to move on from Mixon at the first sign of an issue.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles indicated that it’s possible they could re-sign recently released S Marcus Gilchrist to return “once he heals” from his knee injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- The New York York Jets announced that they’ve signed sixth-round picks RB Elijah McGuire and CB Derrick Jones to four-year contracts.
Lions veteran S Glover Quin mentioned that he would love to finish out his career in Detroit and sign an extension with the team.
“I would love to be here in Detroit, and if I sign an extension, I’d probably finish my career here — that’d be huge for me,” Quin said, via Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. “But I can’t control that. I don’t know if it’s going to happen, when it’s going to happen. My job is like I’ve always said since I got in the league, is I’m a player. So I just play, and I’ll let the coaches coach, the managers manage, and the trainers train.
“If they feel like I deserve that and have earned that, then they’ll make it happen. If not, then I’ll play my year in Detroit and say goodbye to you good people.”