49ers TE Vernon Davis admitted following Sunday’s loss to the Rams that he could be traded in the coming days.
“It’s a possibility; you know there’s nothing I can do about it,” Davis said, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. “… I’m a positive believer. I believe everything works its way out for the good for those who are good people. But I’m always prepared for anything. Nothing new surprises me.”
Davis added that he’s yet to speak to GM Trent Baalke in recent days about what could transpire over the next few days.
- Cardinals RB Chris Johnson earned $280,000 for reaching the first incentives threshold included in his contract by eclipsing 664 rushing yards this season, according to Joel Corry.
- According to Corry, Johnson can earn up to $1.13 million incentive package based on his rushing yards.
- Joel Corry points out that Raiders S Charles Woodson picked up $250,000 by intercepting a pass thrown by Geno Smith during Sunday’s game.
- Woodson has an incentives in his contract for reaching five interceptions.
- Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette was carted off the field on a stretcher with what appeared to be a very serious injury.
- The team has since announced that Lockette sustained a concussion, but he has full movement of his limbs.