Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Victor Cruz, 49ers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Raiders
NFL Notes: Victor Cruz, 49ers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Raiders
- Jeff Legwold of ESPN reports that the Broncos “were already working Monday to at least meet with wide receiver Victor Cruz“ after he was released by the Giants.
- However, multiple reports have since mentioned that Denver has had any conversations about possibly bringing in Cruz.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer writes that Cruz may be worth kicking the tires on for the Panthers, considering that GM Dave Gettleman is more than familiar with him from their time together with the Giants.
- Art Stapleton mentions that the Jaguars as a possible option for Cruz, considering his ties to Tom Coughlin.
- The San Francisco 49ers announced that they’ve hired Mike LaFleur as WRs coach, Mike McDaniel as run-game specialist and Taylor Embree as offensive quality control.
- The Kansas City Chiefs announced Monday that they’ve promoted Brad Childress to assistant head coach and Matt Nagy is now the team’s sole offensive coordinator.
- Vic Tafur doesn’t expect the Raiders to re-sign free agent RB Latavius Murray this offseason.
- Tafur doesn’t think the Raiders’ coaching staff views Murray as being a great fit for them and the fact that he’ll no longer be playing under a rookie contract impacts his overall value.
- Beyond that, Tafur expects Murray to get offers from other teams once free agency is open next month.
Tags Andre Carter Brad Childress Dave Gettleman Latavius Murray Matt Nagy Mike LaFleur Mike McDaniel Taylor Embree Tom Coughlin Victor Cruz