NFL Notes: Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Steelers, & Vikings
- Mike Silver reports that Bengals HC Marvin Lewis approached Hue Jackson with a last-ditch proposal to keep him in Cincinnati, which included a succession plan.
- Silver points out that Lewis and Jackson are very close, but it looks like it wasn’t enough to convince him to remain with the Bengals.
- Alex Marvez reports that it appears as though former Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle will return to the Bengals as their DBs coach.
- Aaron Wilson reports that former Dolphins interim HC Dan Campbell met with the Saints all day Tuesday.
- According to Wilson, Campbell feels comfortable joining his mentor Sean Payton‘s coaching staff, but nothing has been finalized right now.
- According to Jason Cole, Ben Roethlisberger is expected to play in the team’s upcoming playoff game against the Broncos, despite his shoulder injury.
- The issue for Big Ben, according to Cole, will be his arm strength.
- Alex Marvez reports that former Dolphins HC Tony Sparano is interviewing with the Vikings for their offensive line coach vacancy.
- According to Marvez, Sparano is considered a “strong candidate” for this position.
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Dan Campbell Hue Jackson Jeff Davidson Kevin Coyle Marvin Lewis Sean Payton Tony Sparano