- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik said that the Ravens would be a “perfect fit” for veteran DL Vince Wilfork. (Alex Marvez)
- Dominik also said that the Redskins are another team that makes sense for Wilfork.
- On Sportcenter, Louis Riddick suggested that the Packers could use a guy like Wilfork, and they can offer him the ability to play in the same type of defense while competing for a title.
- Tony Pauline reports that the 49ers were expected to meet with Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory after Thursday’s workout.
- The Rams, Cardinals, Chargers and Raiders were on hand to see New Mexico WR Tyler Slavin, according to Pauline.
- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers have restructured OLB Aldon Smith‘s contract.
- According to Maiocco, no years were added to the agreement, but his salary is broken up into roster bonuses that begin in April.
- Maiocco takes this as a sign that Smith is confident he’ll remain in good standing with the team.
Free agent S Antrel Rolle said in an interview on ESPN Radio on Thursday that he will test the free agent market next week.
“This is strictly a business move,” Rolle said, via the New York Daily News. “If there’s 32 teams interested, I’m going to listen to all 32 teams.”
- Jerry McDonald points out that following the release of S Tyvon Branch and DE LaMarr Woodley, as well as the retirement of RB Maurice Jones-Drew, the Raiders have $64.755 million in available cap space.
- Releasing QB Matt Schaub would free up another $5.5 million.