- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Broncos franchise OLB Von Miller is looking at at Sean Gilbert‘s precedent-setting holdout from 1997 when he skipped the entire season.
- The Redskins offered Gilbert a four-year, $13 million contract back in 1997 and he elected to holdout for the entire season. The following year, Gilbert signed a seven-year, $46.5 million contract with the Panthers.
- Gilbert is the uncle of CB Darrelle Revis and helped him to maximize his earnings.
- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News suggests that TE Nick O’Leary could be on the roster bubble this summer after he failed to add bulk and strength this offseason.
- Carucci expects the Bills to be “persistent” in their effort to get CB Stephon Gilmore under contract long-term.
- According to Carucci, signing Gilmore to a new deal could also free up some additional cap space to address QB Tyrod Taylor.
The San Diego Chargers announced Friday that they’ve reached their goal of signatures (110,786), which will be filed with San Diego City Clerk to get their stadium proposal on the November ballot.
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com takes a look at five players who impressed and five who have disappointed in OTAs.
- Kempski’s list of players who stood out include: QB Chase Daniel, CB Leodis McKelvin, WR Jordan Matthews and rookie RB Wendell Smallwood.
- As for those who did not, Kempski lists WRs Josh Huff and Nelson Agholor and CB Eric Rowe among others.