- Jason Cole of B/R reports that contract talks between the Broncos and franchise OLB Von Miller are going “nowhere” and have actually gotten “ugly.”
- According to Cole, things have gotten so bad that Miller could consider holding out, possibly until November.
- Cole adds that the issue for Miller is that he’s looking to make more than $19 million per year in his next contract. However, the Broncos are only offering him slightly more than the $17 million per year Olivier Vernon got from the Giants. Beyond that, Cole says that the guaranteed money in the Broncos offer is all that much.
- Clemson edge rusher Kevin Dodd announced via his Twitter account that he’s finished up his visit with the Lions and is now headed to meet with the Ravens.
- Arizona State WR Devin Lucien is visiting with the on Tuesday, and has visited and/or worked out for the , and
- The Chiefs hosted Canadian DL David Onyemata for a pre-draft visit on Tuesday. (Herbie Teope)
- Indiana QB Nate Sudfeld is scheduled to visit the Texans on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
Bengals WRs coach James Urban said they’re hoping to come away with receiver from this year’s draft class who is “better than A.J. Green.”
“This draft is going to be very interesting, because at least at the wide receiver position, there is no ‘this is the guy,’” Urban said, via Coley Harvey of ESPN. “Whoever that guy has been the last few years — and you know all the names just as well as I do — there just is not that guy. So the eye of the beholder will come into place.
“Somebody may take a guy that we may not have as much esteem for but is a perfect fit for them, in their eyes. And we may take a guy that somebody else doesn’t quite have the same esteem for, but is a perfect fit for us and our position and where we are. So you have to know what you’re asking that guy to do as much as anything.”
- Bruce Arians told reporters on Tuesday that this could actually be the year they come away with a quarterback: “This draft has more opportunity for quarterback of the future than others. Whether that guy is there for the Cardinals, we’ll see.” (Darren Urban)