Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Von Miller, Ravens & Saints
NFL Notes: Von Miller, Ravens & Saints
- According to Jason Cole, the Broncos have offered Von Miller $61 million guaranteed of the six-year, $114 million contract they’ve been discussing.
- However, this is short of the guarantees Eagles DT Fletcher Cox received and less than Colts QB Andrew Luck got.
- Jeremy Fowler believes it could take as much as $65 million-plus guaranteed for a deal to get done.
- Clifton Brown of CSN Mid-Atlantic guesses that the Ravens and franchise K Justin Tucker will reach an agreement on a long-term deal before next week’s deadline.
- Brown mentions that Tucker is likely targeting a contract that would make him highest-paid kicker, surpassing Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski and his four-year, $17.2 million deal.
- Even if the two sides can’t get a deal done, Brown still expects Tucker to be a Raven beyond the 2016 season.
- According to Nick Underhill, DL Nick Fairley’s one-year, $3 million deal with the Saints includes $1.75 million available through playing time and sacks.
- Fairley can earn up to $750,000 in play-time incentives, which breaks down to three thresholds of 45, 55 and 65 percent of the snaps.
- Beyond that, Fairley has three sack bonuses that will pay him $250,000 when he hits four, 5.5 and seven sacks.
- another bonus if he plays 35 percent of the team’s snaps and totals four sacks.
- Should Fairley play 35 percent of the team’s snaps and record four sacks, he would receive another $250,000.
Tags Justin Tucker Nick Fairley Stephen Gostkowski von miller