- Jason Cole reports that there’s nothing new between the Broncos and OLB Von Miller regarding a contract extension as of Sunday morning.
- Cole adds that no decision has been and there’s still no word as to where talks are headed in the coming days.
- Mike Klis confirms the news and adds that talks are expected to resume on Monday.
Teams To Watch
Long-time NFL personnel executive Mike Giddings believes the Jaguars, 49ers and Vikings are all “young, exciting” teams to watch in 2016.
“If the (Jaguars’) defense and (quarterback Blake) Bortles take the next step,” Giddings said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio. “They have a young receiving corps. I think they have a good, young back (in T.J. Yeldon), a good receiving tight end (in Julius Thomas). I think they’re a team to watch.
“Believe it or not, a team in the NFC West (that) would be interesting to watch would be San Francisco. They had the two off years the last two years, but I think they could be another team that’s in the mix.
“And then the one that nobody’s really talking about that kind of was hot at the end of the year last year was Minnesota. And I think they’ve done a good job of keeping continuity and then obviously the players they’ve added in the offseason and the draft.”
- Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News takes a look at 10 players with question marks surrounding them heading into training camp.
- Some of the notable players who could be on the roster bubble include WR Marquise Goodwin, FB Jerome Felton, and K Dan Carpenter.