- Former Colts CB Vontae Davis announced on social media that he successfully underwent surgery to repair a groin injury.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
Regarding his recent comments about the team being “soft”, Broncos GM John Elway said he was speaking about everyone in the organization, including himself, and not just the players.
“I was talking about everybody in the organization, and the track record we’ve had…when you’ve had success sometimes you get soft. I’d put myself at the front…I knew before I said it that some guys were not gonna like that,” said Elway, via Orange & Blue 760.
- Mike Klis of 9 News reports that Trevor Siemian will back up QB Paxton Lynch in Week 12 with Brock Osweiler serving as the team’s No. 3 option.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that one of the main reasons that the Patriots traded for DE Cassius Marsh was that he was one of the Seahawks’ best special teams players.
- However, Marsh’s contributions on special teams sharply declined as the year progressed and his role in their defensive scheme was also reduce. This led to the Patriots somewhat surprisingly waiving Marsh on Tuesday.
- Texans worked out DBs Chykie Brown and Adairus Barnes on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans fourth-round OT Julie’n Davenport sustained an AC shoulder sprain. (Aaron Wilson)