- Following the news that former Ravens LB Zachary Orr is contemplating a return to the NFL (NFLTR), Jason La Canfora reports that different teams will likely have different interpretations of Orr’s neck condition.
- While it’s possible that Orr could find a team to clear him, La Canfora doesn’t think it will be the Ravens, even though they could use another linebacker and tried to sign him to an extension after last season.
- La Canfora adds that a neck condition is “very serious” and he doesn’t get the sense that their medical determination is going to change now with him considering a return.
- According to La Canfora, Orr seeking a different medical determination of his neck condition isn’t a new development.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
New Packers TE Martellus Bennett mentioned during an appearance on “Good Morning Football” Wednesday that he believes he’s an upgrade to Green Bay’s offense.
“I’m not a downgrade from anyone,” Bennett said, via NFL.com. “I’m like Beyonce, let me upgrade you baby.”
Bennett is replacing TE Jared Cook in the Packers’ lineup this year.
- Mike Triplett says that former first-round LB Stephone Anthony has reached a “make-or-break” point in New Orleans and could be a notable roster cut this summer.
- Triplett mentions the Saints have been frustrated with his play recognition and instincts.
- Beyond that, the Saints signed veteran middle linebackers A.J. Klein and Manti Te’o to contracts this offseason, which only increases the competition for playing time at what’s believed to be Anthony’s best position.