- 49ers GM John Lynch mentioned during an appearance on Up to the Minute Live on Monday that they worked out the Clemson QB Deshaun Watson last week.
Broncos VP John Elway tells Nicki Jhabvala that “the plan is to stay the course” with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch for now.
“Like we’ve said, we really feel good about the two young ones that we have,” Elway said. “Trevor did a good job for us last year and Paxton was young. The plan is to stay the course there and see what’s available in the draft. We’ll go from there.
“But we like both. Paxton was a first-rounder last year for a reason, and then Trevor came in and played really well. It’ll be a great competition between them in the spring.”
It wasn’t just Elway who supported the idea of moving forward with Siemian and Lynch, new HC Vance Joseph believes their quarterback situation is “better than most.”
“Our future at quarterback is better than most,” Joseph said, per Nicki Jhabvala. “We’ve got two young guys that can play. In the future, we’re going to be in good shape at quarterback.”
- Colts owner Jim Irsay mentioned that it will likely require “at least a couple of drafts” to revamp their roster. (Stephen Holder)
- Although, Irsay did say that their offense has progressed enough to the point where it doesn’t need a full rebuild. (Stephen Holder)
- According to Irsay, it’s possible that they trade back in during this year’s draft to accumulate more picks. (Stephen Holder)
- Irsay did say that while HC Chuck Pagano is clearly being evaluated this year, he won’t be solely judged on the team’s record. (Stephen Holder)
- Holder gets the impression that the Colts will draft a running back “earlier than later.”
- Ravens president Dick Cass mentioned that he’s pleased with their roster additions this offseason, but added that they’re likely done in free agency until after the draft. (Jeff Zrebeic)
- Even so, Cass didn’t rule out another signing in the next couple of weeks, but said that they really want to remain in position to recoup a compensatory pick or two next year. (Jeff Zrebeic)
- According to Cass, the Ravens won’t appear on “Hard Knocks” this summer, despite the fact that they’re one of the seven teams that can be forced to appear on the show. (Jeff Zrebeic)