- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports the Dolphins showed no interest in re-signing DE Derrick Shelby until contacting him with a “last minute” offer of $3 million before he signed with the Falcons.
- According to Jackson, Miami showed initial interest in Cowboys RB Alfred Morris and Colts CB Patrick Robinson, but never made a push to sign them.
- Additionally, Jackson believes the Dolphins would have made a stronger effort to sign Buccaneers CB Josh Robinson if they knew the Broncos were going to match their offer for RB C.J. Anderson.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that one official within the league would not be shocked to see Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson‘s holdout for a long-term contract extend into the regular season and cause him to miss the first one or two games.
- Cimini believes the Jets would gain leverage over free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick if 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick gets traded to the Broncos.
- According to Cimini, the Jets are optimistic about second-year QB Bryce Petty‘s chances on developing into a starter, but feel that he must improve his pocket presence and ability to find his check-down receivers.
- According to Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer, Panthers CB Josh Norman is seeking a contract that pays around $16 million per year.
- Additionally, Norman said he is not prepared to attend OTAs because he has yet to sign his franchise tender, saying: “I can’t report if I haven’t signed anything so I don’t feel as if I’m at the point where I’m ready to get back to working right now.”
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports does not think Norman demanding $16 million annually is surprising given that Jets CB Darrelle Revis made $48 million through the first three years of his contract.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said he would like to re-sign free agent QB Tarvaris Jackson.
“We really liked his contributions and he’s been a big factor for us and we would like to have him back if we could,’’ Carroll said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.