- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Eagles free agent QB Sam Bradford isn’t generating much a lot of buzz right now.
- According to La Canfora, the expectation around the league is that Brock Osweiler and Ryan Fitzpatrick will ultimately re-sign with their respective teams.
- La Canfora wonders if a cap-rich team like the Browns, Jaguars, or Raiders could lead the charge to sign RT Mitchell Schwartz in free agency and possible set the market for right tackles.
- La Canfora continues to hear that Ravens OL Kalechi Osemele is the offensive lineman best positioned to “break the bank” in the coming weeks.
- In regarding to Seahawks free agent DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, La Canfora writes that the Falcons and Jaguars are likely to be among the suitors for him. However, he admits that there are a number of teams who could use a pass-rusher like Irvin.
- Jason La Canfora writes that the Bills appear to be undeterred by their current cap situation and are instead planning to maintain and improve their team.
- The Bills are reportedly aiming to retain both free agent LT Cordy Glenn and G Richie Incognito in the coming weeks.
- While some reports have said that the Bills could be considering an extension for QB Tyrod Taylor, La Canfora reports that this is not in the cards for the Bills.
- La Canfora fully expects Buffalo to cut veteran DE Mario Williams and free up around $12 million in the process.
- Another player likely to be on the chopping block, according to La Canfora, is RB Anthony Dixon.
- Buffalo could approach DBs Leodis McKelvin and Corey Graham about restructured deals in the coming weeks, but probably won’t do anything to DT Kyle Williams‘ contract. According to La Canfora, signing CB Stephon Gilmore to an extension that would reduce his current $11 million cap figure is considered a “priority” for Buffalo. One free agent target proposed by La Canfora is Jets RB Bilal Powell, but he is expected to have a decent market.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Dolphins DE Cameron Wake would be in “significant” demand if Miami were to release him, due in large part to the number of teams in need of a pass rusher. Because of this, it’s unlikely Wake will agree to any sort of pay cut.
- La Canfora has spoken with some cap experts around the league who believe the Dolphins would be crazy to restructure Ndamukong Suh‘s contract and push guaranteed money beyond 2017.
- As of now, Suh’s contract is essentially a three-year, $60 million contract that would allow them to walk away after 2017.
- Jason La Canfora has every expectation that the Jets and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will eventually work out a long-term deal to keep him in New York.
- According to La Canfora, talks are progressing between the two parties and it’s unlikely that Fitzpatrick will land a massive deal in free agency, so it appears he’ll be back with the Jets.
“Close enough to keep going,” Linta said.
Linta did, however, add that the two sides still aren’t close to an agreement.