Draft Rumors: Ronnie Stanley, Jason Spriggs, Connor Cook, & Cowboys
- According to Ian Rapoport, Michigan St. Connor Cook has worked out with the 49ers and the Browns, over the weekend.
- Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins is scheduled to visit the Bills, Bucanneers, and Cowboys this week, according to Mike Garafolo.
- Garafolo notes that the Cowboys visit is interesting because in order for the team to draft him, it would require a trade back or a trade up into the late first-round.
- Rand Getlin is told that LSU CB Rashard Robinson is visiting with the Jets, Monday, after visiting the Broncos last week.
- Per Aaron Wilson, Texas-El Paso DE Roy Robertson Harris is scheduled to visit the Raiders and Chiefs, while he has a scheduled work out with the Bears and Vikings.
- Tony Pauline received comments from those in attendance at German WR Moritz Wilhelm Boehringer pro day at FAU ranging from he’s a “legitimate prospect,” to, “he’s a fourth-round pick“.
- Pauline notes that Boehringer will visit seven teams prior to the draft, while two additional franchises were disappointed that there isn’t enough time to schedule a visit.
- Tony Pauline has spoken to several scouts who have said that there’s real concern with Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley‘s athleticism and his ability to play left tackle at the next level.
- With this in mind, Pauline mentions that Stanley’s draft stock could very well be on the decline, despite the expectation that he would end up being a top-10 pick this year.
- In fact, Pauline’s sources have said that Stanley could end up falling into the middle of the first-round.
- According to Tony Pauline, several personnel people have mentioned Indiana OT Jason Spriggs as a “lock” to be selected in the bottom third of the first-round.
- Pauline adds that many people around the league view Spriggs as the best pure left tackle in the draft not named Laremy Tunsil, due to his athleticism.
- The issue for Spriggs, according to Pauline, is that he lacks natural bulk or power compared to the top tackles in the draft, but this is viewed as something that is easily correctable.
- Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones said that every decision made in the draft will be with the idea of QB Tony Romo will be under center, but Todd Archer points out that this hasn’t stopped the team from working out quarterbacks.
- Archer mentions that the Cowboys will host Cal QB Jared Goff, North Dakota St. QB Carson Wentz, and Memphis QB Paxton Lynch this week for private workouts.
- The Cowboys also have sceduled pre-draft visits at their facility with Penn St. QB Christian Hackenberg, Michigan St. QB Connor Cook, and N.C. St. QB Jacoby Brissett, according to Archer.
- Archer points out that the Cowboys haven’t filled their backup quarterback spot in free agency, which means they could choose to do so in the draft.
Tags Carson Wentz Christian Hackenberg Connor Cook Jacoby Brissett Jared Goff Jason Spriggs Laremy Tunsil Moritz Wilhelm Boehringer Paxton Lynch Rashard Robinson Ronnie Stanley Roy Robertson-Harris Sheldon Rankins