- Jason Cole of Bleacher Report reports that Broncos QB Peyton Manning is very angry about all the media leaks regarding his retirement, and feels that people are trying to force him to retire.
- According to Cole, Manning wants this process to play out in private, adding that people close to Manning still believe he should retire.
- Ian Rapoport reports free agent LB James Laurinaitis is biding his time after his visit with the Saints on Tuesday and he may take more visits.
- Jason La Canfora has spoken to NFL executives who would “do cartwheels” to land free agent LB Bruce Irvin anywhere near $9 million per year, which means the price may be significantly higher for Irvin’s services.
- Mike Jurecki reports the Cardinals have discussed moving G Jonathan Cooper to center and it remains a possibility.
- Kent Somers says he doesn’t see the Cardinals being a player for free agent C Alex Mack after already investing big money in LT Jared Veldheer and LG Mike Iupati as well as two first-round picks.
Packers OLB Julius Peppers says he plans on playing this season after telling people he wasn’t sure if he’d return for another season in January.
“I think somebody kind of took (my comments after the season) out of context,” Peppers said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “They asked me after the game what did I think about next year, and I was just saying that pretty much everybody has decisions to make and that type of thing. But as far as I know, I think I’m going to be playing next year, unless something happens that I don’t know about. And that’s possible.”
Peppers added, “I’m just saying that I’m 36, so, in the next four years, somewhere in there, I should be done.”
- Tom Curran reports that there are still some details being worked out between the Patriots and QB Tom Brady regarding a contract extension.
- Patriots WR Brian Tyms tweeted a goodbye to fans on Wednesday before deleting the post, implying that the team won’t tender him a contract. (Tom Curran)