Home / 49ers / NFL Rumors: 49ers, Bears, Dolphins, Lions
NFL Rumors: 49ers, Bears, Dolphins, Lions
- Jeremy Fowler continues to hear that the 49ers are in the market for a big-money cornerback.
- Albert Breer reports that the 49ers and Eagles had some trade talks about a deal for Connor Barwin, who was just released. Breer mentions that San Francisco could be a landing spot for him.
- Jeff Dickerson reports that the Bears were prepared to offer $13 million per year for CB A.J. Bouye. Dickerson adds that the Bears have competition and he isn’t sure if they’ll be able to land Bouye, even with this strong bid.
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Dolphins have placed a low-round tender on restricted free agent DB Michael Thomas. Pelissero adds that there could be some interest from other teams in signing Thomas to an offer sheet.
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins haven’t closed the door completely on re-signing OL Jermon Bushrod, but he’s just a fallback option for them.
- Salguero also reports that the trades between the Jaguars and the Dolphins involving TE Julius Thomas and LT Branden Albert are still on course.
- The Dolphins do expect to sign two potential starting guards in free agency, according to Salguero.
- Salguero adds that the Dolphins are trying to finalize a long-term deal restricted free agent LB Kiko Alonso, otherwise he’ll be given a tender.
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions have placed a low-round restricted tender on OT Cornelius Lucas.
Tags A.J. Bouye Branden Albert Connor Barwin Cornelius Lucas Jermon Bushrod Julius Thomas Kiko Alonso Michael Thomas