- Jeff McLane reports that the 49ers were among “several” teams interested in QB Mark Sanchez before he was traded to the Broncos on Friday.
- According to Jim Owczarski, the Bengals are offering free agent S Reggie Nelson a two-year contract worth more than the minimum, but not by a lot.
- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Cowboys have no intention of bringing the QB Johnny Manziel for a visit or signing him to a contract following his release from the Browns on Friday.
- Moore’s source added that the Cowboys won’t pursue the Manziel and don’t forsee them having any serious discussions about him, “until he gets his life back in order.”
“I told him I loved playing in Arizona, I loved the stadium, I loved my teammates in Arizona, I felt like we were a very scrappy group,’’ said Rolle, via the New York Post. “But I don’t think I got the full NFL experience, meaning being taken care of first-class all the way, the fans you run into, the atmosphere outside of the actual facility and practice field and games, the opportunities off the field – I just told him you can’t go wrong with New York. That was when I really experienced what the NFL was all about, when I signed with the New York Giants.
“I told him honestly, that would be an ideal situation for you, you will love every minute of it. You still have to go out there and play and produce, as I know he can.’’
- Tarik El-Bashir reports that the Redskins and CB Will Blackmon are still discussing a new contract, but there’s no deal as of now.