Home / 49ers / NFL Rumors: 49ers, Broncos, Raiders, & Redskins
NFL Rumors: 49ers, Broncos, Raiders, & Redskins
- Jason Cole reports that the 49ers’ refusal to pay even a portion of Colin Kaepernick‘s contract led to him not being traded.
- Sources tell Cole that the 49ers have no plans to release Kaepernick and he still has no intention of taking a pay cut.
- According to Jason Cole, the Broncos’ decision to trade up and draft QB Paxton Lynch could help them get a long-term deal in place with franchise OLB Von Miller.
- Lynch will cost the Broncos around $1.7 million for the 2016 season, which is far less than they would have allocated to Brock Osweiler or Colin Kaepernick.
- A Broncos source indicated that it may not be all that helpful, considering that they will also have to address WR Emmanuel Sanders and LB Brandon Marshall at some point.
- Two NFL sources tell Jason Cole that they believe Mark Davis is “very much intent” on moving the team to Las Vegas, and it’s not just a leverage play with the city of Oakland.
- Cole says that Davis actually partners involved with the team who might be able to help the relocation along.
- Roger Goodell indicated that the NFL’s stance on a team in Las Vegas is “evolving.”
- Cole says that the NFL would refuse to have an owner with a connection to any of the local casinos.
- Jason Cole reports that the Redskins’ decision to draft WR Josh Doctson won’t impact the status of either DeSean Jackson or Pierre Garcon‘s status with the team in 2016.
- However, Cole believes Washington will eventually use Doctson’s presence as leverage to an extension done one of the two veteran players with the other likely departing in 2017.
Tags Brandon Marshall Colin Kaepernick DeSean Jackson Emmanuel Sanders Josh Doctson Mark Davis Paxton Lynch Pierre Garçon von miller