Home / Texans / NFL Rumors: 49ers, Colts, Jets, Texans
NFL Rumors: 49ers, Colts, Jets, Texans
- Jay Glazer reports that 49ers GM John Lynch was told by Patriots HC Bill Belichick that Jimmy Garoppolo was off limits in a potential trade.
- According to Glazer, Lynch decided to call Belichick back and said: “Okay, if Garoppolo is off-limits would you trade us [Tom] Brady?“
- Glazer paraphrases Belichick’s response as: “Hold on, did you REALLY just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady?” Lynch reportedly persisted and an amused Belichick kept asking “did you really just ask that?”
- Chris Mortensen reports that Colts QB Andrew Luck will be re-evaluated by doctors again in December and the team expects him to return for the 2018 season, as other reported (NFLTR).
- However, Mortensen says that the Colts “love” Jacoby Brissett and won’t ignore this year’s quarterback draft class.
- According to Mortensen, Luck believes he suffered the labrum injury back in Week 3 of the 2015 season against the Titans.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets keeping DL Muhammad Wilkerson out of practice the past month has actually helped to improve his on-field production.
- Wilkerson has been dealing with shoulder and foot injuries this year, but has totaled 12 tackles, two sacks and four quarterback hits the past three games.
- In total, the Jets have held Wilkerson out of 16 of 27 practices after Week 3 when he suffered a sprained AC joint.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said they’re hoping newly-acquired CB Rashard Robinson can pick things up quickly and begin contributing: “We got another cover corner. Hopefully, he can get in and learn the system and we get an extra cover guy out there because we’re getting a little thin at corner with Buster [Skrine] going down last week and Mo going down this week.”
- According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, “there has been some chatter inside the [Texans’] building whether or not they take a look at Colin Kaepernick” after the season-ending injury suffered by Deshaun Watson on Thursday.
- Glazer adds that Kaepernick would fit what they’re trying to do on offense.
- However, a league source with knowledge of the situation tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that there has been no contact between the Texans and Kaepernick’s representatives.
Tags Andrew Luck Bill Belichick Colin Kaepernick Deshaun Watson Jacoby Brissett Jimmy Garoppolo John Lynch Muhammad Wilkerson Rashard Robinso Todd Bowles Tom Brady