Home Texans NFL Rumors: 49ers, Colts, Jets, Texans
- Jay Glazer reports that 49ers GM John Lynch was told by Patriots HC Bill Belichick that Jimmy Garoppolo was off limits in a potential trade.
- According to Glazer, Lynch decided to call Belichick back and said: “Okay, if Garoppolo is off-limits would you trade us [Tom] Brady?“
- Glazer paraphrases Belichick’s response as: “Hold on, did you REALLY just ask me if I would trade Tom Brady?” Lynch reportedly persisted and an amused Belichick kept asking “did you really just ask that?”
- Chris Mortensen reports that Colts QB Andrew Luck will be re-evaluated by doctors again in December and the team expects him to return for the 2018 season, as other reported (NFLTR).
- However, Mortensen says that the Colts “love” Jacoby Brissett and won’t ignore this year’s quarterback draft class.
- According to Mortensen, Luck believes he suffered the labrum injury back in Week 3 of the 2015 season against the Titans.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets keeping DL Muhammad Wilkerson out of practice the past month has actually helped to improve his on-field production.
- Wilkerson has been dealing with shoulder and foot injuries this year, but has totaled 12 tackles, two sacks and four quarterback hits the past three games.
- In total, the Jets have held Wilkerson out of 16 of 27 practices after Week 3 when he suffered a sprained AC joint.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said they’re hoping newly-acquired CB Rashard Robinson can pick things up quickly and begin contributing: “We got another cover corner. Hopefully, he can get in and learn the system and we get an extra cover guy out there because we’re getting a little thin at corner with Buster [Skrine] going down last week and Mo going down this week.”
- According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, “there has been some chatter inside the [Texans’] building whether or not they take a look at Colin Kaepernick” after the season-ending injury suffered by Deshaun Watson on Thursday.
- Glazer adds that Kaepernick would fit what they’re trying to do on offense.
- However, a league source with knowledge of the situation tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that there has been no contact between the Texans and Kaepernick’s representatives.