While some have mentioned that the Cowboys could be a possibly landing spot for him, an NFC executive wonders if Peterson would really be willing to take a backup and play behind another running back, considering that he’s been a top running back for so long.
“Is that guy really wired to take his $3-$5 million and play behind someone else?” the executive wondered. “Does it make sense for him to play for that kind of money? Because that’s his value. Add in some incentives, but with his production and the injuries, you can’t convince me he is more than a $5 million player.”
- Even after the news that Carson Palmer will return for the 2017 season, Jason La Canfora says that speculation is still going around that the Cardinals could still consider other options at quarterback.
- La Canfora continues to hear that Clemson QB Deshaun Watson is “coveted” by the Cardinals, but it likely would require them trading up in round one.
- According to Jason La Canfora, “there is a growing sense around the league” that the Chiefs need to get a long-term extension in place with S Eric Berry in the coming weeks, and this could prevent them from also retaining DT Dontari Poe.
- Kansas City obviously wants to keep both Berry and Poe, but La Canfora says that people around the NFL believe this is pretty ambitious, even if they were to release RB Jamaal Charles.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the consensus among a few personnel executives he has spoken to is that the Cowboys could secure “at least” a conditional third-round pick that could become a second-rounder in a trade for veteran QB Tony Romo.
- La Canfora mentions the Chiefs and Texans as two teams that make “a lot of sense” to people around the NFL for Romo.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Ravens are worth keeping an eye on for Cardinals free agent S Tony Jefferson.
- If the Ravens were to sign Jefferson, La Canfora says this would more than likely lead to them cutting S Lardarius Webb and picking up $5.5 million of cap space.
- According to La Canfora, the Ravens are still trying to sign free agent DT Brandon Williams to a long-term extension.