Tom Pelissero of NFL Media spoke with several team sources regarding LSU DE/OLB Arden Key and they brought up Cowboys suspended DE Randy Gregory in their projections for Key. Although, Pelissero says that Key’s supporters strongly reject the comparison to Gregory.
According to Pelissero, Key is off of at least two draft boards that he knows of, but there’s still a chance some team takes him in round two.
“He’s definitely played himself out of the first round,” a college scouting director tells Pelissero. “But in a year where there’s not many pass rushers available, someone’s going to make a pretty decent investment into this guy and cross their fingers and hope he can keep it together.”
Leighton Vander Esch
“A lot of people really like [him] as a potential top-20 player. One of his issues is going to be medical,” Mayock said, per Mike Reiss. “He wears that neck brace for a reason. He’s got a cervical issue, and teams around the league right now are having the conversation about how bad or good is it really and at what level should we draft him?”
- Jeremy Fowler mentions that after speaking with several NFL sources about late-first-round cornerbacks, the belief is that USF CB Mike Hughes has a slight edge over Iowa’s Josh Jackson.
- Fowler adds that many agree Ohio State’s Denzel Ward is the only true No. 1 CB in this year’s class with a lot of No. 2 options.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Bears have shown “a lot of interest” in Shepherd QB Connor Jessop.
- Virginia State RB Trenton Cannon visited with the Jets and Broncos and garnered interest from the Seahawks and 49ers, according to Pauline.
- Pauline says that Limestone WR Vyncint Smith visited with the Texans and Jets and worked out for the Cowboys during the pre-draft process.
- Wesley OL Matthew Gono visited with the Vikings and Bears and worked out for the Lions and Jets.
- Nevada OL Austin Corbett worked out or visited with 15 teams including the Giants, Panthers, Vikings, Falcons and Cowboys. (Jordan Raanan)
- Minnesota LB Jonathan Celestin has drawn interest from the Rams, Texans, Buccaneers, Cardinals, and Titans during the pre-draft process. (Darren Wolfson)
- Pittsburgh WR Quadree Henderson visited with the Steelers, Eagles, and Broncos and worked out for the Giants, Dolphins, and 49ers. (Tony Pauline)