NFL Rumors: Bears, Bills, Cardinals, Steelers
- Dan Wierderer sees little chance the Bears would take Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer, even at No. 36 overall, due to big questions about how invested in the process he’ll be.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bills are plotting a possibly trade down from No. 10 overall.
- According to Matt Miller, the consensus belief right now is that the Bills are likely targeting a defensive player at No. 10 overall.
- Ian Rapoport says that if Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes gets past the Cardinals at No. 13 overall, it’s possible he may fall in the 20s.
- Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that there has been talk over the last 48 hours that the Cardinals have done a lot of work on Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer, who could be a round-two target for Arizona.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler mentions that there’s a good chance the Steelers will take an outside linebacker in the first two rounds of the draft with a defensive back also being a possibility.
- Fowler says UCLA’s Takkarist McKinley is a possible option for the Steelers at No. 30 overall, but there’s currently feeling he may not fall to them.
- If Pittsburgh waits until day two, Fowler lists Youngstown State’s Derek Rivers, Auburn’s Carl Lawson, Houston’s Tyus Bowser and Alabama’s Tim Williams as names worth watching.
- Fowler doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Steelers may consider a tight end such as Miami’s David Njoku or even Western Michigan WR Corey Davis if they’re still available.
- Fowler can’t help but think there’s a “decent chance” of Washington CB Kevin King ending up with the Steelers, given his size and hybrid skill set.
- Other defensive back options for the Steelers could be Washington S Budda Baker and UConn S Obi Melifonwu.
- Pittsburgh could be a potential candidate to trade out of round 1 if a team is interested in moving up to get Cal QB Davis Webb, but he adds that he hasn’t gotten the sense that there’s a lot of interest from teams about trading up right now.
- In regards to quarterbacks, Fowler believes the Steelers’ intrigue in Patrick Mahomes is genuine.
Tags Budda Baker Carl Lawson Corey Davis David Njoku Derek Rivers DeShone Kizer Kevin King Obi Melifonwu Patrick Mahomes Takkarist McKinley Tim Williams Tyus Bowser