Brad Biggs reports that the Bears have hired Notre Dame OL coach Harry Hiestand as their new OL coach.
- According to Jason La Canfora, there’s still no deal between the Bears and DC Vic Fangio, and while it’s possible they could have an agreement at some point, it’s considered “far from certain.”
- La Canfora says that Fangio could have other options now that some jobs are opening.
- According to Alex Marvez, the Cowboys are firing Frank Pollard as their offensive line coach.
Regarding his recent comments that Alabama HC Nick Saban “covets” the Giants’ head coach position, former Cardinals HC Bruce Arians tells Jay Glazer that he was “just messin with the world.”
Glazer added that Arians said this “after a few vodkas” Tuesday night with him and John Fox.
- Jason La Canfora reports that reports that the Giants would like to retain defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo as part of their new staff.
- If the Giants were to hire Vikings OC Pat Shurmur as their new head coach, La Canfora says that it would be “anything but a shock” to see Spagnuolo back as their defensive coordinator.
- Michael Lombardi is hearing that Alabama athletic director for recruiting Ed Marynowitz is in talks with the Raiders and Jon Gruden about a position in their personnel department.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Raiders are interviewing Alabama DBs coach Derrick Ansley for their secondary coach position.
- According to Rapoport, the Raiders are interviewing Cowboys RBs coach Gary Brown today for the same position on Jon Gruden’s staff.
- Raiders QBs coach Jake Peetz and Cowboys LBs coach Matt Eberflus could join Josh McDaniels‘ coaching staff if he gets a head-coaching job, according to Jason La Canfora.
- According to Kent Somers, Cardinals OC/OL coach Harold Goodwin has interviewed recently with Bengals and Raiders for their OL coach positions.
- Mike Garafolo adds that former Eagles OL coach Hank Fraley, Jim Turner, Hal Hunter and Frank Smith are also in the running for the Raiders’ job.