- Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that some around the NFL believe Patriots HC Bill Belichick wouldn’t consider “helping” out the Browns at quarterback due to “old feelings.”
- This implies that Belichick may still not be over Cleveland firing him several years ago.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Browns made an offer for Jimmy Garoppolo during the draft, but they didn’t offer a first-round pick as some reports implied. Instead, Rapoport says that Cleveland offered the Patriots a second-round pick and “change.”
- Mike Lombardi has heard that the Browns made small offers for Garoppolo during the season but nothing near as good as what they got from the 49ers. Lombardi adds that Cleveland was not involved with Garoppolo today.
- According to Mike Silver, the two quarterbacks Browns HC Hue Jackson wanted the most since he was hired by Cleveland are Jared Goff and Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Silver admits that it’s fair to put the Robert Griffin III signing on him, but it’s never his call.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter said during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio Tuesday: “I would think we get a Vontae Davis trade today.” (Ross Tucker)
- Stephen Holder doesn’t expect the Colts to trade RB Frank Gore, even though there is interest him.
- Holder doesn’t see the Colts moving WR T.Y. Hilton before today’s deadline, but he admits that no one is ever off limits.
- Jason La Canfora tosses out CB Vontae Davis and LT Anthony Castonzo as some potential trade candidates for the Colts.
Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned Monday night that they’re hoping newly acquired LT Duane Brown finishes out his career in Seattle.
“Because we acquired Duane, we want him to finish his career here and have him be here for several more years,” Schneider said, via Pro Football Talk.
“We’re really excited to get him up here, get him back up here,” Schneider added. “He could have just stayed overnight, I guess, but we’re just really excited to add the player and his leadership and the guy.
“Power. Physicality. He’s got great hands, really good instincts. He’s just a mountain of a man.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll says that DE Dion Jordan could possibly return to practice this week: “Be a big week for Dion Jordan. He got to practice on Friday for the first time. This will be his first full week of practice. We will get a good evaluation. He really took it very well. He handled the work that we did and he looked good. We are excited about that. I don’t know what that means for this week as opposed to next week and all that. Short week coming up after. That would probably be possible. We are getting closer. He’s got to make progress each day this week too, but it’s a good sign.” (Pro Football Talk)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Seahawks S Earl Thomas is considered a “long-shot” to play on Sunday against the Redskins. Rapoport does, however, add that it’s “possible, but not likely.”