- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports the 49ers are working on a deal for free agent G Ted Larsen while he visits with the Seahawks.
- Charles Robinson also heard that California QB Jared Goff interviewed poorly with the Browns, despite HC Hue Jackson denying the rumors. Regardless, Cleveland will speak with Goff at least two more times in the near future, according to Robinson.
- Jason La Canfora believes non-tendered Ravens S Brynden Trawick would be a good fit for the Browns as a special teams player.
Clemson DE Shaq Lawson said he had lunch with the Falcons after his Pro Day on Thursday and has been in contact with members of the coaching staff.
“I talk to (Falcons defensive line) coach (Bryan) Cox a lot,” Lawson said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter. “We talked a lot at combine. I’ve been talking to him. I plan on doing a private workout, but I don’t know the date.”
In addition, Lawson said he would enjoy the opportunity to play with college teammate OLB Vic Beasley.
“It was just great meeting those guys,” Lawson said. “Knowing that potentially that I have a chance to play with Vic again, that would be great. He’s a great player.”
Recent Bears acquisition LB Danny Trevathan said the Packers did not reach out to him during free agency, but he wished they would have.
“No they didn’t. I wish they would have but they didn’t,” said Trevathan, via NFL Media.
It’s worth mentioning that the question was posed by Packers free agent WR James Jones.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN mentions that it is still possible for the Packers to re-sign DE/OLB Mike Neal, despite them retaining OLB Nick Perry.
- Recently acquired OL Kelechi Osemele said his position will be determined by how the Raiders’ offseason plays out. (Scott Bair)