Home / Buccaneers / NFL Rumors: Buccaneers, Dolphins, Falcons, Redskins, & Steelers
NFL Rumors: Buccaneers, Dolphins, Falcons, Redskins, & Steelers
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins recent trade in which they swapped first-round picks with the Eagles is likely to result in them no longer having a shot at Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves or UCLA LB Myles Jack in round one.
- Instead, Jackson seems to think Clemson DE Shaq Lawson, Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd, and Ohio State CB Eli Apple could make sense for them.
- Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is another name to watch for Miami, according to Jackson, if the Broncos elect to match their offer sheet for RB C.J. Anderson.
- On the subject of free agent additions, Jackson mentions that the Dolphins are determined to add defensive end who can play a lot of downs.
- Miami is reportedly hosting Chris Clemons and Jason Jones for visits.
- Vaughn McClure reports that the Falcons are still in the running for free agent DE Chris Long, who visited with the team.
- According to McClure, Long “very much” enjoyed his visit with the Falcons, but plans to wait to make a decision on a new team until next week.
- John Keim of ESPN reports that the Redskins showed interest in DT Haloti Ngata before he re-signed with the Lions.
- Washington has also expressed interest in free agent S Reggie Nelson, but have no visit scheduled at this point in time.
- According to Keim, the Redskins may want to bring back veteran S Dashon Goldson, who was cut earlier in the week.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers want to re-sign DT Steve McLendon, but they can’t promise him a lot of playing time, which appears to be a priority for him.
Tags Brent Grimes C.J. Anderson Chris Clemons Chris Long Dashon Goldson Doug Martin Eli Apple Ezekiel Elliott Haloti Ngata J.R. Sweezy Jason Jones Leonard Floyd Myles Jack Reggie Nelson Robert Ayers Shaq Lawson Steve McLendon Vernon Hargreaves