NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Draft, Buccaneers, & Redskins
- Mike Klis points out that while QB Colin Kaepernick would forfeit his $400,000 workout bonus from the 49ers by missing their first two weeks of offseason activities, he could make that money back from the Broncos since their offseason program does not begin until April 18.
- Klis mentions the Broncos may only have to trade a fifth-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for Kaepernick if they agree to pay his full $11.9 million salary. However, Klis wonders if this compensation could increase to a third-round pick if the 49ers were willing to pay $3 million of his contract.
- Alex Marvez reports the Browns are scheduled to meet with Stanford QB Kevin Hogan on Monday.
- Liberty QB Josh Woodrum worked out for the Lions last week and will work out for the Falcons on April 11. (Gil Brandt)
- Alabama RB Kenyan Drake is scheduled to the Cowboys, Dolphins and 49ers. (Paul Gutierrez)
- Greg Auman mentions that the Buccaneers staff is comfortable with QB Ryan Griffin as the team’s primary backup in the event they trade QB Mike Glennon.
- Auman doesn’t think the Buccaneers will draft a quarterback, considering that they ave too many other needs to address at other positions.
Tags Colin Kaepernick Josh Woodrum Kenyan Drake Kevin Hogan Mike Glennon Ryan Griffin