- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears tendered an offer to exclusive rights free agent WR Josh Bellamy.
- The Browns have hired Joe Kim to their coaching staff. Kim is a former martial arts instructor that worked with the Redskins last season as a strength and conditioning coach for pass rushers. (Field Yates)
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Buccaneers have tendered an offer to exclusive rights free agent LS Andrew DePaola.
- Greg Auman reports that Tampa Bay has also tendered an offer to exclusive rights free agent LB Jeremiah Powers.
Additionally, Jones said he thinks Joseph would like to have him in Miami.
“I would think V.J. would be interested,” Jones said. “He’s taught me a lot and he knows I know everything in the system. He knows I’m a football guy. If I’m a betting man, I would think he’d try to bring me in there.”
Garafolo also believes the Vikings are a possibility for Jones given that he played under HC Mike Zimmer while he was the Bengals defensive coordinator. Reuniting with the Cowboys are another team Garafolo could see Jones going to.
In the end, Jones said that he would like to sign with a contending team.
“I want to win. At least, I want to be somewhere I can contribute to winning,” Jones said. “I really don’t want to go to a team that’s losing. If I feel me and a couple of more players can help the team win, that’s the situation I’m looking at.”
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times believes that impending free agents OT Russell Okung and OLB Bruce Irvin will “almost certainly” reach the open market.
- Condotta mentions CB Jeremy Lane and G J.R. Sweezy as the Seahawks’ top priorities to re-sign.
- According to Condotta, there is “increasing thought” that the Seahawks will do what they can in order to re-sign Sweezy.
- Condotta believes the Jaguars would be interested in Sweezy if he reaches the open market.