Home / 49ers / NFL Rumors: Colin Kaepernick, Franchise Tags, Draft, & Chargers
NFL Rumors: Colin Kaepernick, Franchise Tags, Draft, & Chargers
- Jason Cole reports that Colin Kaepernick is unlikely to take a pay cut to facilitate a trade to another team.
- According to Cole, the NFLPA’s involvement in situation could further complicate a potential trade, seeing as they’re contending that Kaepernick’s contract should already be guaranteed, considering that he’s still recovery from offseason surgery.
- Jason Cole reports that the franchise tag is creating some angst from players around the league like Von Miller and Josh Norman because they would have secured massive contracts on the open market had he not been tagged.
- Norman contends that lesser players like DE Olivier Vernon are cashing in big time while they’re playing out under a one-year deal.
- Cole adds that these players would ultimately like to see designation eliminated in the next CBA negotiations.
- Rich Cimini reports that Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg has scheduled a visit with the Jets for April 10.
- Baylor WR Corey Coleman will work out for the Cowboys on Friday, and has already done so for the Lions and Browns, according to Ian Rapoport.
- According to Rand Getlin, Florida DL Jonathan Bullard has visits and/or workouts scheduled with the Lions, Jets and Patriots.
- Meanwhile, Florida DL Jonathan Bullard has (or has had) visits and/or workouts with the Titans, Seahawks, Raiders, Falcons, Lions, Jets, and Patriots, per Getlin.
- Rapoport reports that Middle Tennessee DB Kevin Byard is visiting with the Browns Thursday evening.
- Matt Miller reports that Cal RB Daniel Lasco has had private workouts with Patriots and Eagles, and will take part in the Texans’ local pro day.
- According to Jason Cole, the Chargers and local politicians in San Diego are in a fight about where a potential stadium would be located.
- The Chargers want the facility to be located downtown and consider it vital to the overall value of the franchise, as it would increase the other revenue opportunities.
- Cole mentions that in order to make this work, the city would need to increase hotel takes as they work to come up with the $350 million San Diego would be asked to contribute to the project.
- However, hotel owners and local politicians are reportedly against such as increase, and would instead want them to return to their current location.
Tags Christian Hackenberg Colin Kaepernick Corey Coleman Daniel Lasco Jonathan Bullard Josh Norman Kevin Byard von miller