Fowler points out that the Broncos don’t have a lot of cap space to work with right now, and have some notable players to sign to long-term deals like OLB Von Miller, which means there isn’t a great deal of incentive to work something out for Kaepernick right now.
According to Fowler, the Broncos may do a deal if the 49ers are willing to take a late-round pick for Kaepernick, but all indications are that they would prefer to keep him than accept a low draft pick for him.
- Tony Pauline of WalterFootball.com reports that defensive line coaches from the Bengals and Dolphins “tried to break” Ole Miss DL Robert Nkemdiche during workouts on Monday, but couldn’t do so.
- Sources tell Pauline that Nkemdiche put together a “special workout.“
- Nkemdiche is reportedly meeting with the Cowboys and has visits lined up with the Broncos and Giants.
- Tony Pauline reports that Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell is meeting with the Chargers and also had coaches/executives from the Cardinals, Lions, and Rams on hand for his Pro Day.
- Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler mentioned that he has a visit lined up with the Bengals on Thursday. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com reports that the Titans are bringing in Florida S Keanu Neal in for a visit.
- According to McCormick, the Titans will also be meeting with Ohio State S Vonn Bell is also scheduled to meet with the Titans as well.
- McCormick adds that both player could be in play for the Titans’ No. 33 overall pick in round two.