- Rand Getlin reports that Michigan State QB Connor Cook has meeting or workouts with 10 teams including the Cowboys, 49ers, Dolphins and Browns.
- Kimberly Jones reports that the consensus regarding Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg was that he really helped himself during Thursday’s Pro Day.
- One NFL evaluator told Jones of Hackenberg: “No doubt. He threw the ball great.“
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that free agent LT Russell Okung is still visiting with the Broncos as of Thursday afternoon.
Cook’s play in St. Louis never measured up to expectations, but Silverstein’s source said that there hasn’t been a huge drop off in his skill level.
According to Silverstein’s source, Cook isn’t the kind of tight end who is production as a short-area option. Instead, he’s considered more of a long-strider who needs to be used like a big wide receiver.
The Packers brought Cook in for a visit earlier in the week, and reportedly expressed interest in trading for him, so this is something to keep an eye on, as Green Bay could use someone with his skill set.
- Rand Getlin reports that Texans QB Brian Hoyer loves playing for HC Bill O’Brien and doesn’t intend on leaving Houston.
- Getlin adds that Hoyer hasn’t requested a trade out of Houston as some had speculated he may.
- Previous reports have said that the Texans are willing to trade Hoyer for the right price now that they’ve signed QB Brock Osweiler to a contract.