- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians indicated that free agent C Lyle Sendlein is likely retire at some point this offseason: “As far as I know. I don’t think he’s announced it yet.” (Josh Weinfuss)
“Every football player is for sale if the right offer comes along,” Brown said, via Jim Owczarki of the Enquirer. That’s the nature of the business. Do I see something happening right now? I don’t. ‘Never’ is a word you want to be careful about.”
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett expressed belief that QB Tony Romo‘s surgery will reduce future injury risk, but added that it will take couple months for him to fully recover. (Ed Werder)
- Rams HC Jeff Fisher says he anticipates having everyone, including those returning from injury, ready to go for the start of OTAs, which is set to begin the end of May. (Nick Wagoner)
- Fisher also discussed the team’s safety position, saying they will explore their options and acknowledged that Cody Davis, Maurice Alexander, Lamarcus Joyner, and Christian Bryant as players who could see more playing time. (Nick Wagoner)
- Fisher added that they still hope to lock-up CB Trumaine Johnson to a long-term deal at some point in the near future. (Nick Wagoner)
- Fisher claims that the Rams were “a lot closer than people think” to retaining CB Janoris Jenkins. (Nick Wagoner)
- Fisher had this to say on the subject of a contract extension for himself: “I’m not concerned about it… We’ve got a lot to do right now, things to take care of.” (Nick Wagoner)
- Fisher expects CB Coty Sensabaugh to compete for the outside starting job with CB E.J. Gaines “and/or a draft choice“. (Nick Wagoner)
Redskins HC Jay Gruden mentioned that free-agent RB Pierre Thomas remains on their radar.
“There’s still some options out there [and] I think Pierre is one of them; he did such a good job when he came in last year on short notice,” Gruden said, per Tarik El-Bashir.
“It’d be nice to have him from the beginning of OTAs and training camp, so he’s definitely on our board. We’re keeping a close eye on him. Obviously we have the draft coming up, some good options there in the draft. So we’ll address the running back position again at some point.“