- According to Ed Bouchette, is appear as though free agent S Eric Weddle is “leaning” towards the Patriots right now.
- A report surfaced from Jared Tokarz that Weddle is visiting the Patriots in Foxboro Monday, but that report has yet to be confirmed.
- A report earlier said that Weddle has reduced the number of teams he’s considering down to three and could reach an agreement with a team at some point in the next 24 hours.
- Tony Pauline reports that a handful of teams had Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott graded as a second-day pick, but his recent DUI arrest will likely drop him back into the final day.
- According to Pauline, NFL scouts have largely concluded Prescott will need “a ton of work” before he’ll be a starting quarterback in the NFL, even though he does have great athletic skills.
- Pauline specifically points to mechanics, accuracy and ability to play in a multi-read NFL offense in the coming years as areas where Prescott will need to improve.
- Tony Pauline mentions that insiders believe there could be a run on offensive tackles early in the first round with as many as three — Laremy Tunsil, Ronnie Stanley and Jack Conklin — being taken in the top 12 picks.
- Pauline adds that a half-dozen offensive tackles could end up being drafted in the first round.
- Pauline mentions that LSU CB Rashard Robinson met with the Broncos Sunday night prior to LSU’s pro-day, Monday.
- Pauline also pointed out Cincinnati WR Chris Moore met with the Chargers Sunday night, while WR Johnny Holton has scheduled meeting with multiple teams, including the Lions, Panthers, and 49ers.
- One NFL team executive had this to say to Pauline about Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander‘s “pedestrian production” in college: “You can’t make plays on the ball if no one throws in your direction.“
- Pauline points to Alexander’s 5’10” height as the “bigger issue” as it’s two inches shy of the minimum height required by some teams to be a first-round cornerback.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Cowboys “covet” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey, but believe he may not be available to them at no. 4 overall.
- Pauline says that the Cowboys are presently targeting OSU DE Joey Bosa or RB Ezekiel Elliott as contingency options if Ramsey is gone by the time they’re on the clock.
- However, sources have told Pauline that Dallas would consider trading down in round one, but want to remain ahead of the Giants at No. 10 overall.