- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott told Sirius XM NFL Radio of his DUI: “I take full responsibility for it and I hope NFL organizations recognize the person I am and character I have.“
- Sources tell Matt Miller of B/R that the Chargers are “falling in love” with UCLA LB Myles Jack.
- Another team reportedly interested in Jack is the 49ers, according to Miller.
- Both teams put him through individual workout drills at UCLA’s Pro Day.
- Mississippi State DL Chris Jones was generating first-round talk before he was arrested for driving with a suspended license, according to Matt Miller of B/R.
Miller reports that the Panthers would love to add a vertical threat at receiver in the middle rounds of the draft.
Baylor CB Xavien Howard could end up in the late-first- or early-second round after a solid showing at his pro day.
Miller mentions that the Texans took special notice of Baylor WR Corey Coleman during his Pro Day earlier in the week.
The Lions have reportedly met with Boston College S Justin Simmons three times since the East/West Shrine Game.
According to Miller’s sources, the 49ers met with Pittsburgh WR Tyler Boyd, who could end up being a second-round pick.
On Friday, the Browns coach Pep Hamilton had Cal QB Jared Goff throw wet footballs during his Pro Day to see how his smaller hands were able to handle a slick ball.
“Growing up in California, they probably wanted to see that,” Goff said, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “But at the same time, I’ve played in cold weather before and I wouldn’t be the first quarterback from California to cold weather, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are doing pretty well.”
- The Browns announced that CB Joe Haden underwent surgery on his left ankle Wednesday, which stems from an injury he sustained back in Week 8’s game against the Cardinals.
- Haden is expected to resume football activities during training camp and should be ready for the start of the 2016 regular season.