NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook, Draft, Browns, Vikings
- Tony Pauline now believes FSU RB Dalvin Cook could fall into the second round, due to injuries and multiple off-field issues.
- A source with the Raiders tells Pauline that they actually expect Dalvin Cook to still be on the board by the time they’re on the clock at No. 24 overall, but they view Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon as a “wiser choice.”
- This was prior to the news that the Raiders have agreed to a trade with the Seahawks for RB Marshawn Lynch and plan to finalize a two-year contract Wednesday. (NFLTR)
- Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly mentions that the Seahawks and Chiefs are among the teams he felt he had a good vibe with during his pre-draft meetings. (Sal Capaccio)
- According to Pauline, the Cardinals have been very busy over the past week, making trips to met with Louisiana-Lafayette RB Elijah McGuire and Florida S Marcus Maye.
- Pauline reports that the Steelers visited with Mississippi State DE/OLB Jonathan Calvin.
- UCLA DL Eli Ankou worked out fro the Rams, Chargers, and Cowboys while visiting with the Colts and Packers. (John Kryk)
- Mary Kay Cabot writes that the Browns appear to be fairly confident in their ability to still land UNC QB Mitch Trubisky, even if they go with Myles Garrett to open the draft.
- Speaking of Garrett, sources tell Cabot that the coaching staff has “never wavered” in regards to wanting to use their No. 1 overall pick on him.
- Opinions are mixed on where Trubisky will go, as Cabot has spoken to sources who believe he be a top-10 pick while others think he could still be available to Cleveland at No. 12 overall.
- If the Browns have a Plan B option at quarterback, Cabot believes they’d go with either Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes at No. 12 overall.
- Cabot mentions that the Browns don’t want to give up high draft picks to move up for players.
- In regards to a potential trade for Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron, Cabot thinks HC Hue Jackson would be in favor of trying to work out a deal with Cincinnati, but it doesn’t sound likely based on their reported asking price.
- Tony Pauline spoke to who one source who considers Cal QB Davis Webb to a likely target for the Browns at No. 33 overall, should they miss out on UNC’s Mitch Trubisky.
- Ian Rapoport points out that if the Vikings place QB Teddy Bridgewater on the PUP list this year and he remains there for the duration of 2017, his contract would toll for the 2018 season.
- This comes after the news that the Vikings are unlikely to pick up Bridgewater’s fifth-year option before next week’s deadline. (NFLTR)
Tags A.J. McCarron Chad Kelly Dalvin Cook Davis Webb Deshaun Watson Eli Ankou Elijah McGuire Hue Jackson Joe Mixon Jonathan Calvin Marshawn Lynch Mitch Trubisky Myles Garrett Patrick Mahomes Teddy Bridgewater