Home / Bills / NFL Rumors: Davis Webb, Raiders, Saints, Steelers, Texans
NFL Rumors: Davis Webb, Raiders, Saints, Steelers, Texans
- Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com expects Cal QB Davis Webb to be drafted in the middle of Round 1.
- According to Pauline, the teams showing the most interest in Webb are the Jets, Saints, Chargers and Cardinals.
- The Bills have also shown interest in Webb, per Pauline, but not as much as these other teams.
- Matt Miller’s hunch is that the Raiders could target Florida’s Jarrad Davis in round one or Houston’s Tyus Bowser in round two, as they look to address the linebacker position.
- Miller adds that the Raiders have done “extensive work” on Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, who could be a second-round target for them.
- The Saints like Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey, assuming they don’t trade for Patriots CB Malcolm Butler in the coming days, according to Matt Miller.
- Miller adds that New Orleans has an “affinity” for Alabama LB Reuben Foster, who could be a target for them at No. 32 overall, depending on whether he falls in the first round.
- A source tells Matt Miller that the Steelers will consider Michigan S Jabrill Peppers towards the end of round 1.
- Miller mentions that tight end is in play for Pittsburgh in round 2 and they would also like get a quarterback during the middle rounds.
- While the Texans could clearly use a long-term quarterback prospect to develop, Matt Miller says that they will not reach to get one at No. 25 overall.
- Miller’s source mentioned that Houston will likely come away with either a cornerback, offensive tackle or quarterback in round 1 with Gareon Conley (before rape allegations) and Marlon Humphrey being ideal fits for them.
Tags Gareon Conley Jabrill Peppers Jarrad Davis Joe Mixon Malcolm Butler Marlon Humphrey Reuben Foster Tyus Bowser