- According to Matt Miller of B/R, Saints’ area scouts really like Ohio State WR Michael Thomas, and could consider him if Sheldon Rankins and Darron Lee are off the board in Round 1.
- Miller mentions that Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg could still be drafted in the first round. A Big Ten scout to him at the Combine: “His freshman tape is better than any of these other (quarterbacks).”
- A GM tells Miller that there’s “no way” the 49ers allow Cal QB Jared Goff to get past them at No. 7 overall.
- Even after the Eagles signed Sam Bradford to a two-year contract this week, a source tells Miller that they would still prefer to draft a quarterback in the first three rounds this year.
- Miller spoke with a Colts’ team source who said that they like Baylor NT Andrew Billings “a lot” in Round 1.
- According to Miller, the Cardinals plan to draft a safety early this year and one name to watch for Arizona is Florida’s Keanu Neal.
- While some have speculated that the Chiefs could be a landing spot for Robert Griffin III, team source tells Matt Miller that it’s “not logical.“
- Instead, they’re more likely to try to re-sign backup QB Chase Daniel, according to Miller’s source.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have told people that they view the guard position as one of their top three priorities this offseason, and they’re expected to sign at least one veteran guard next week.
- Jackson mentions that the Dolphins “like” Ravens free agent OL Kelechi Osemele. However, his asking price has reportedly “skyrocketed” due in large part to his ability to play left tackle. Even so, Jackson still expects the Dolphins to at least inquire about him.
- Another option, according to Jackson, could be 49ers OL Alex Boone, given that he has ties to Dolphins OL coach Chris Foerster.
- Deryk Gilmore, the agent for G Geoff Schwartz said that his client “would love to play in Miami,” but Jackson reports that he’ll likely explore other options.
- Jackson lists Brandon Brooks, Ben Jones, Jahri Evans, Ramon Foster, Jeff Allen, Michael Harris, Zane Beadles, J.R. Sweezy and Evan Mathis as other interior offensive linemen who could make sense for the Dolphins.
- In regards to free agent WR Rishard Matthews, the Dolphins reportedly expect him to command more in free agency than they’re willing to pay him.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN takes a look at five roster moves the Patriots should consider this offseason.
- In regards to free agent targets, Reiss suggests signing RB Matt Forte, TE Dwayne Allen, WR Chris Hogan and WR Rod Steater.
- Beyond that Reiss think they should re-sign DT Akiem Hicks.